Friday, April 17, 2009

My Last Weekday of Spring Break

It's official, my spring break ends Sunday-well, really today. Baseball starts back up again tomorrow, so that signals the end of my break, and the beginning of regular life. Big sigh, head hanging low. BUT, there are only 9 weeks left of the school year, so I'm pretty excited about that!
I had plans to stay inside all day, but alas, I had to go to Jo-Ann's to get interfacing for the tote bag I am making. It took me forever to cut out all of the pieces-and that is so boring too. 
This is the lining, with the inside pocket sewn on it. I still have a ways to go. I had wanted to finish it today, but it's just not going to happen. Took me forever to cut the pieces and then I had to make box corners. I had never done that before. I won't really know if I did them correctly until I get the bag together. Oh, and I'm using an Anna Maria Horner pattern, and fabrics. I am actually making the exact bag as one of the sample pictures. I really liked the colors. I'll show you the finished bag, when it's, you guessed it, finished!
Look what my BFF and I did yesterday! We picked a date to see "Wicked." I am taking her (June 18) for her birthday. I am beyond excited, and I think she is too! I'm telling you people, it's AWESOME! Go someplace to see it!

Here's what Riley did tonight. Now that he's a full fledged Boy Scout, he had to work his shift at the Elk's Lodge. He and two other boys bussed tables. They earned money too! It goes into a scout account (I'm a poet and don't even know it) for future use. He was thrilled with his $12.00, and I think, pleased as punch with his "job." 

Word of the day: Sewing, or maybe the word should be cutting. I seemed to do more of that today, then the actual sewing. There's always tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gramma Bonnie said...

OMGoodness...Riley looks sooo grown-up...what a cutie he is..