Friday, April 10, 2009

Let's Dye Eggs!

Even though I have not put out much in the way of Easter decorations, we did dye eggs tonight.
Boiling the eggs. The only way I can boil eggs is with that little red egg timer. It may seem silly, but I just can't boil eggs correctly without it. The edges of the timer get darker, leaving a small red part in the middle. It usually works.
Our dyes. Pretty. Go ahead, ooooooh and ahhhhhh.
Happy egg dyers. Is that a word? It's a verb, so maybe it's a word. Oh well, I'm on Spring Break so I don't have to worry about it.
This is one of the sets I bought for decorating eggs. The other set was "Marble Magic," but we just used the tablets to color the eggs. Riley and I really liked the Tie Dye set. Our eggs turned out really cool.

See the tie dyed eggs? We are done for another year. Yay.

Word for the day: Home. The boys and I were home all day. It was nice. I slept until 11:30 am! I guess I was really tired after all. I did venture out to get some groceries-the boys were complaining at the lack of food in the house. I spent some time straightening our paper/craft shelf, I scrapbooked a little, I made some jewelry, I did laundry, I watched TV, I twittered/facebooked (both verbs, and made up words). The boys played outside, played Wii, played Star Wars, watched a little TV, played in the fort, and played on the computer. Nice, nice day.

1 comment:

Zack Attack said...

OK so here is what you do. You put your eggs in a pot fill with cold water. When the water fully boils turn off and take off burner, cover and let sit 20 mins. After 20 mins rinse under cold water and your eggs will be perfect. I SWEAR. I boiled mine too and this is the only way I do it now and none broke. I cut some for deviled eggs and the yolk is perfect.