Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Bag

I can finally show you the project I had been working on. I made my mom a bag, for Mother's Day. She also got to see "Wicked," for Mother's Day, but we did that in April. 
The lady at the quilt shop was very helpful in picking the colors. I had picked a lighter one for the front-same print, but a white background. She liked the orange better, and so did I. I was hoping my mom liked orange. Some people don't-like Barbra Streisand for one! My mom told me that. Anyway, my mom likes orange, and she liked the bag.

A closer look at the colors. I am a big fan of that lime green color-hoping my mom is too. I was up until 1:00 am Saturday night, finishing this bag. My sewing machine was giving me fits. I traded her out, and broke out my new machine. It works much better. The good news is that I got to watch all of Saturday Night Live-and I didn't fall asleep, as it's hard to sleep in front of the sewing machine. Anyway, that was the best SNL ever! Justin Timberlake was hosting, and he was hysterical. So see, fate stepped in, in the form of messing up my sewing machine, which forced me to open up, and quickly learn the new sewing machine, all so that I could see this episode of SNL! I think I am going to search around the internet so that I can watch it again. The Target skit was so funny! 

Word for the Day: Yay! Several things were "yay" today. 1. My student teacher returned today. She had a baby girl 4 weeks ago. She is back for 3 weeks, finishing up her last placement. It's awesome. 2. I went to TJ Maxx and found an organizer for the kitchen desk, and a cute little stone container-pictures tomorrow. 3. I went through the drive-thru Starbucks for an apple chai. I was asking the guy if the bills in the tip thing, ever flew away (they were outside, on the ledge of the window), and just as I asked that, my $1 tip flew away. The guy said, "Well, I guess they do." It was quite comical. He came around to fetch it, since I was too close to the window to be able to open the door. Lucky for him, he got a bonus quarter too, that someone else had dropped. 

1 comment:

Raque S said...

wow, what a good day! your mom's bag is darling and i thought SNL was hysterical! didn't you love digital short??!