Friday, May 1, 2009

Sick Day, or Not So Much

Quinn stayed home from school again today. I stayed with him. He was going nuts. He felt much better today, more like himself. He kept asking where Riley was, and when he was coming home. Then he would ask what day it was, and was it May 1st? I finally decided we needed to leave the house. We went to Jo-Ann's for interfacing and more button cover kits, and after that, we went to Toys R Us. Oh how I hate Toys R Us. Their customer service sucks. I only go in extreme cases. I signed up for their free reward card program today, but had to manually put my email into their keypad. The keypad was all screwed up, so I would put in a letter and it would put the wrong one, or it made everything a capital. There was a lady behind me. I felt pressure-didn't want to keep her waiting (foreshadowing). I finally gave up on the damn thing. Complained loudly to the clerk and manager. Was met with blank stares. She says to me, "oh well if you don't give your email, you won't get the special coupons." I told her (again) that I was TRYING but their keypad was all...messed up (couldn't use the word I wanted to, as Quinn was there). Another blank stare. I took my stuff and we left. I hate that place. Anyway, it was kind of a busy today. Several things going on.
Here's Riley with his camping gear. He is camping with the Boy Scouts this weekend, yes in the rain. He was very excited to go. It was weird for me to drop him off, knowing I won't even talk to him until Sunday. It's great for his independence. Boy Scouts is excellent for building those skills, as well as leadership skills. It was still weird just leaving him there. He was happy, and didn't seem to care (or notice) that I had gone. The guys were there, so he was set. I am taking bets on whether or not he changes his socks or underwear all weekend. I don't think he will.
There was Lego building going on today. This is what we purchased at the dreaded Toys R Us. It's one of those sets that doesn't build just one specific thing. Quinn sat down, happily looking through the tub for the Legos he wanted. He used the book it came with and built something, all by himself. He only needed help putting the windows into the frames. Can you tell he's feeling better? He's back to posing for his pictures.
I made this today. It's a button bracelet. A cupcake button bracelet. Yummy!

I used fabric and a button cover kit to make my own buttons. Super easy to do, and the results are great! You can totally do what you want. I have some fabric with matryoshka's (those Russian nesting dolls) on it. I am going to try those next. I love those dolls! Wouldn't that be a cute bracelet?

Word for the Day: Annoyed. I am easily annoyed. I'm impatient. I woke up with an itchy throat and itchy eyes-trying to ignore the fact that I think I'm going to be the next participant in all of the sick fun-annoying as hell. I get really annoyed when I'm driving-really, really annoyed. I just don't appreciate people doing stupid stuff that could kill my family or me. Today, I was annoyed with the clerks at Toys R Us, annoyed at the guy in the ugly truck and the woman in the gold Honda for driving so incredibly slow-well below the 25 mph speed limit-and that's torture for me as 25 is super slow to begin with. I was annoyed at the dumb-ass who didn't use his blinker, and I waited for him when I didn't have to. I was annoyed that the rain messed up my hair. I was really annoyed with the stupid woman in the Disney Store who did her shopping at the counter while the rest of us waited in line. One cashier + one dumb person = unhappy me. Really it is not that hard to do your browsing first, and then you get in line to pay for it, not keep shopping and ask the clerk a billion questions, thus making the rest of us wait for you, all the while you smile pleasantly. Last of all, I was annoyed at the woman in the giant SUV who tried to run me off the freeway today. People need to merge onto the freeway, and when they are trying to do so, you don't speed up to beat them! Anyway, I'm grumpy and annoyed and my throat still hurts. Ignoring it isn't helping. I'll be really annoyed when I start throwing up. I am sorry if I am annoying you :-) I'm all negative, negative right now. It's cuz I'm siiiiiick! 

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Here is my story of the annoying person in line....Who would know that it would be crowded @ Safeway at 8 pm? Obviously, not the lady who was talking on her cell phone and asked for someone to help her to her car...she had 3 packages of TP...she carried two and wanted a clerk to go with her and carry the other one...THERE WERE LIKE 20 PEOPLE in line!!!! AUGH!!!!

Just Joey said...

I love the bracelet! So cute!!