Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Stuff

It's been a super lazy day. We had plans to go out this afternoon, but none of us felt like leaving the house, so we didn't. Riley got back from his scout camping trip around 11 am. He had a really good time. Apparently, they shot rifles, and he earned a patch in pocket knifing (is that a verb?). I guess he just had to demonstrate that he could use a pocket knife safely, and since he did not cut himself, or anyone else, he passed. He also sawed through wood. Sounds like a manly weekend. They got rained on, a lot, but he had a good time. Did not change his underwear or shirt the entire weekend, and didn't brush his teeth. His reason behind the lack of teeth brushing was simple, "there wasn't a sink." "I didn't want to spit on the plants." How caring. What about the underwear and shirt? I didn't ask. Some things are better left unsaid.
I made all four passport covers. They didn't take very long. I changed some of the measurements from the tutorial, because the measurements given, would have made the holders too small. We are all set for our Alaska cruise this summer!
A work in progress. That's all I can say right now.
This is what Riley did a lot of today. I think he's pretty tired. He did play Wii, and rode his bike outside, but ultimately, he was all about the couch today. 

Here's Quinn, the candy master, at a Pump it Up birthday party, last night. He had a great time, but who doesn't enjoy a Pump it Up party? 

Word for the Day: Reunion. It was nice to get Riley back today, and have all four of us back in the house. Quinn does not like it when Riley is gone-he's another appendage to Riley. It's really very cute. I'm sure it's annoying as hell for Riley, but I love it. I love that Quinn would rather be with Riley, than without him. I love that he asks a jillion times when Riley's coming home. He loves his big brother. Riley is learning to be a lot more patient with him as well. Just like Martha says, "it's a good thing."

No comments: