Friday, May 22, 2009

It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!

Welcome to Friday! The beginning of a three day weekend! It's very exciting! The other day, I visited my friend, Valerie's blog. She is participating in this...

Go to the old red barn co. blog for more info. There's also a Flickr group HERE. I have never made a full sized quilt. I started a table top quilt, but it's unfinished. I think the material I chose for that one, is way out of date now. My mom and mother in law will be so proud of me if I learn to quilt. I won't do it by hand-that's time consuming. I may use my sewing machine, because it has a free arm for quilting. That will be faster. Anyway, this sounds like a lot of fun. Her directions were pretty clear, in terms of what is needed, and how much material to buy. I'm using Heather Bailey fabric for mine. I forgot to take a picture of the material though. I will when I get the rest of the material I ordered. So come on! If you can sew a straight line, you can put a quilt top together. After that, you can decide how you want it quilted. Valerie sends hers out to be quilted-some people love to do that. You could machine quilt it-I may try that. Then again, I have two choices if I want to send mine out: mom 1 or mom 2. BIG SMILE.

Word for the Day: Tasty! The parents spoiled us today with a luncheon that rocked! There was so much food! Main dishes from around the world (the theme for the week), desserts to die for, and drinks-non alcoholic of course (too bad). It was a great end to the week. We sure are super spoiled.

No comments: