Friday, May 15, 2009

Flowers on Friday

Friday at last! I am so tired. I don't think I got enough sleep last weekend, so I have been dragging all week. The kids at school think it's already summer, because they are finished with their state testing. We all have to hold it together for 22 more days. They are ready for summer. I am ready for summer. 
It was Teacher Appreciation week at the boys' school this week. Each day, the students were to either bring in something, or do something nice for their teacher. Monday, it was school supplies. Tuesday, it was send in a flower or plant. Wednesday was make a card for your teacher. Thursday it was pay your teacher a compliment, and Friday it was to help your teacher clean up. I was late on the flower thing, so I sent both boys to school with the Tuesday items, today. I made these flowers for their teachers. They are made from chipboard flower shapes. I glued scrapbook paper to the flowers, cut around the paper, sanded the paper to make it smooth, and then embellished with buttons. they have a pipe cleaner stem. Click the picture to see it bigger. The flowers were so easy, and so cute-at least I think so. 

I got flowers today too! One of my students brought me these roses from her yard. They smell really lovely too! I think it was Day of the Teacher today. Next week is my school's Teacher Appreciation week. I am excited about it. The parents always go all out. We get gifts, breakfast every day, and a BBQ lunch on Friday! It will be easy to get up Monday morning!

Word of the Day: Early. I am posting this early.

No comments: