Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It Is Just So Exciting Around Here

Over Spring Break, I did some reorganizing of stuff. One of the things I did was move my fabric. I had all of it in three soft boxes. They lived next to my side of the bed. I couldn't get to the fabric very easily, unless I wanted to dig it out. I decided to clean out my laundry room closets, and store my fabric there. I think I mentioned in a previous post, that first I had to clean out all of the boys' play-doh and art supplies. I then had to get rid of that very distinctive play-doh smell. I sprayed some Betsey Johnson perfume inside, and left the doors open. Good news! The smell is gone! My fabric fits! Room to spare!
Here's the empty cabinet-can you smell the play-doh? Strong huh?

Ta da! Here's my material, neatly put away inside. I think I could open a fabric store. Why is it, with all of that fabric, that I don't have the color I am looking for? The space at the bottom is for my extra sewing machine. I haven't traded her out yet. The new one is still in the box. I really need to get it out and play with it.

Word of the Day: 3 + 2 = 7 (I realize that's not a word). I really can't talk about these tests I have to give to my students. I will say this though...that problem up there. It gives me a headache every time. The equal is not in the test. In its place is a box. The students have to choose a symbol to make the sentence true: =, +, >, < .  Many pick =. I watch in horror as they do, powerless to do anything about it. When they leave the classroom, I bang my head against the wall. 

2 comments:

Raque S said...

omg julie, i always HATED those friggin' questions too. way too tricky for 2nd and 3rd graders, COME ON PEOPLE!

Sheri said...

hmm...how did Neil do...forget it...don't tell me...

so...um...any purple fabric in that cabinet?

I am inspired...I think I will work on my craft room this summer...maybe it's time to have that craft garage sale....get rid of those rubber stamps and punches I don't use...