Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Organize This!

As promised, here are the pictures of my two huge TJ Maxx purchases yesterday.
I bought this stone bowl with lid. It's really heavy. I just liked it. Look at the dots. I like dots. It was a whole $6.99! Woooohoooo!

Here's what I went to TJ Maxx for yesterday. It's an organizer. The top shelf I am using for Riley's important school information-you know project due dates etc. and the bottom will be for Quinn's important school info, and his baseball stuff. I actually wanted something longer, that could go along the side of the cabinet, in the other direction, but this will work. I took this picture before I filled it.

Word of the Day: Off. I have had an off day today. I got to school, and surprise! A new student. 25 days left in the school year, and I get a new student. She seems really sweet, but I think her language skills are a bit limited. She really didn't talk to me all day, even when I asked her questions. I'll give her time to settle in. I'm sure she's in culture shock. She's brand new to us from India. Anyway, I had a message that I was getting her, but I never made it to the phone yesterday, so Surprise! After that it was rush around all day getting things finished and started. All of a sudden it is crazy busy at school: open house, volunteer tea, art for International Night, assessment tests to give and record, writing tests that need scoring, classwork that I have not graded, and then figuring out what to do last hour when my MAGIC lesson was canceled. Just throw a new student in the mix and watch the teacher collapse. Oh, and as an added bonus, all day long I thought it was Wednesday! Every time I remembered it wasn't, I got grumpy. Maybe shoes will brighten my day. Vera Bradley has the cutest flip flops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that organizer..I really need something like that..I just might have to go there too :)