Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For Your Breakdancing Pleasure!

While waiting for the scouts to get here tonight, Quinn entertained me with some breakdancing. Sorry for the blurry photos-they are action shots, and actually, I kinda like the blur of them. I think it's cool.
Starting his swing.
Such form and speed!
This one's my favorite. He's like a Tasmanian Devil! LOVE it!
Dusting the floor, oh yeah.

Way to end the show, Quinn! The scout shirt is a nice touch too.

Word of the Day: UGH! I spent A LOT of time today, bubbling and re-bubbling STAR tests. Since I left right after I gave the test on Thursday (remember, Quinn was sick), I had that test to check over. Plus, I had these last two days of the Math test to check. See, the kids bubble their answers, right into their test booklets-they don't have an answer sheet, but these guys are still little kids. Even though we bubble things ALL THE TIME, it seems somewhat difficult for them to do for this test. I don't know why. When the test is finished, my job is to go through the test booklets, erasing stray marks and making sure all bubbles are filled in correctly. It's a pain in my...fingers!!! Some are, what I call, at "Olympic Bubbling Level," and it doesn't take long to go through their books, others take a long time. I had three tests to check today. It took me FOREVER! I bribed kids with stickers if they bubbled neatly, darkly, wiped all of the eraser boogers off of their booklets, and had no stray marks. It mostly didn't work. I spent almost all day with these booklets, fixing them in between teaching. UGH! They are finished though-until tomorrow. Good news is that I only have one test to check tomorrow, then I have to fill in their names for them, and put them in ABC order. That's the easy part. The best news of all though is that tomorrow is our last day of testing! Yay! We are celebrating by watching "Wizard of Oz" on Friday. Many kids have not seen it, and that is a crying shame.

***Also, Oprah had an excellent show on today. The topic was bullying. It had great information, but it was very upsetting. I have very strong feelings against bullying. In short, I hate a bully. I think it will be rerun in the middle of the night tonight. Check out her website, I believe there's some info there-it was just there a minute ago, but I don't know when you will read this. It was a great show.

No comments: