Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a Wednesday!

Crazy, busy day! I left my house at 7:30 this morning, and I didn't get home until 7:15 tonight! I had GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition Design) training all day today, and I had to be there by 7:45 am. I left there at 3:00 pm, headed to the gas station, as I was running on fumes, and then stopped at the scrapbook store (FUN!) After that, I headed to my parents' to retrieve my boys. My parents picked them up from school today, as Quinn had a field trip, and my parents went as chaperones. Once I got to my parents' house, I took a quick walk with my mom and then it was off to baseball. The game went long tonight. After the game, it was time for Quinn to visit the snack shack. Quinn hadn't been in forever. So what does he order tonight, when all I want to do is go home? Nachos. So then we have to sit to eat the nachos. He finished up most of them, and we took the rest, and headed for home. I am exhausted.
This is my dinner tonight. Frosted Mini Wheats Littles, no milk. Too tired to think of anything else. The boys had sandwiches-oh and Quinn's nachos count as his dinner.
Check these out though! My dad's friend picked these typewriter keys up for me. He bought an old typewriter for $10, and my dad took the keys off for me. I love to use these in jewelry. I LOVE THESE! I love the shape of them, and I love the silver trim, and I love how old they look-well, they are old. They are perfect. Just look at those rectangular ones too! 
My mom sent me home with her button box. She told me I can search through and take what I want. I have a thing for buttons. Some of these are really old. Love that! I bought 12 more bracelet blanks to make some more button bracelets.

So far, here's what I have chosen. I still have two bags and the rest of the container of loose buttons to go through. I love these though, a lot.

Word for the Day: GLAD. I am taking this training which focuses on strategies to do with Lang. Arts, ELA (English Language Acquisition), Science and Social Studies. It's all about charts, and pictures, and building vocabulary, and all kinds of stuff. I am liking it. I am GLAD I am going. I have another training tomorrow, and then 4 days of observation in a classroom, the first week of June. I can't wait to start some of these strategies! I am going to do some serious planning this summer, in preparation for next school year.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love the buttons! Someday you'll have to come to my MOms house and go thru her buttons with me- she has millions- bins and bins of old ones. Everytime I visit I bring more home!